Amplify Youth Ministry’s Purpose:
Prayerfully considered, we exist to help adolescents grow into mature Christian adults.
Inspired by a growing relationship with Jesus, an Amplify Intern’s objective is to work with the Amplify ministry team to live into the ministry’s purpose. Though roles may differ, we are all working to connect students to Jesus, friends, and healthy adults. We all work to disciple, teach, connect, mentor, and stretch the students.
- Honest and authentic follower of Jesus.
- Seeking to grow and ready to learn.
- Possess a growing knowledge of personal weaknesses and strengths.
- Passionate about listening to students.
- Interested in journeying through life with students.
- Committed to working on a team to minister.
- Complete Child Safety Paperwork and a background check through the church office.
Amplify’s Commitments to You:
- While we have expectations and goals, we are more interested in how you are developing as a follower of Jesus and a minister than what you can do for us. We think you will be a better minister if we minister to you effectively.
- We will customize an exhaustive training program around your gifts, interests, schedule, and professional goals.
- We will value you your input. We want you to share your dreams, ideas, hopes, concerns, and critiques with regards to the youth ministry.
- Commit to participating in Youth Ministry at Quest for an entire school year (September – June). Exact dates will be determined upon application review.
- Participate in the life of Quest Church while serving as an intern.
- Work 5-10 hours a week. This time includes training, contact work, attending youth events, and attending church. Note, there will be one or two over-night retreats.
- Commit to participating in the customized training program with the Director of Youth Ministry.
- Invest in students and their families by meeting up with them outside of church. The goal is to have 3 separate meetings a month.
Terms of Employment:
This is a volunteer internship that receives no financial compensation. However, interns will be reimbursed for meals they have with students. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Interns for the 2015-2016 school year have already been accepted.
Applications for the 2016-2017 school year are due June 1, 2016. Applications will not be reviewed until after this date.
How to Apply for a Ministry Internship with Amplify Youth:
- Fill out and submit an online application. Internship Application
- Provide two recommendations (one personal & one professional) submitted on your behalf. Recommendation Form
Contact our Director of Youth Ministry, Coby Cagle